Search
  • Dawg

Biker Brotherhood!



This "brother" word is sometimes overused. Just because you buy a leather vest and hop on that bike, sometimes doesn't give you that right to use that word brother. In the motorcycle club world, this word can't be thrown around just yet. You have to earn that shit.


Every motorcycle club has experienced this first hand. Whether you are a 1%er or the other 99% displaying colors on your back. Bikers were regularly blue-collar guys. Just trying to make a living. They used their motorcycles as an escape from the stressors associated with the world. These guys were hard workers, family men. They looked at the other members in the club or organization the same way. They bonded well with the other guys who lived by this creed. They all had the same goals, the same motives and they all were there for each other through thick and thin. They knew what the word brother meant. They didn't just say it to anyone who rode a motorcycle. They never bailed on you or your group. They stood by through thick and thin, regardless of differences.




With that being said, the brotherhood is a thing of the past. Today's biker is a newer generation where just getting on that bike to them makes them think they are playing that part.


Let's fast-forward to now. Harley Davidson is clearly marketing to the younger crowd. I get it, they have to stay competitive. A lot of the older bikers are not buying new bikes. You have to compete in today's world. Right now, the millennials and Generation Z are the ones buying the bikes. When this group hops on a bike, do they know anything about brotherhood, and what it means to use that word "brother?" From experience, no. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that. If that's what they want to do, that's their prerogative. I'm not bashing anyone. If you can't commit to your brother, and the club or organization that you represent, you shouldn't use that word...Period!


Today's generation of bikers hop on those bikes and put 30 miles on it on a weekend in the sun. They have no clue what it's like to be sandblasted in the face with rain at 65mph with no windshield. No idea what riding in 28-degree temperatures does to you. No clue how to ride side-by-side at 80mph. Will they take the pothole in their lane and not avoid it and crash into you at their side? I don't want to find out.




At the end of the day, when I am on the road and I see a biker coming the opposite direction, out of respect, I will wave. If there is a biker on the side of the road as I ride by, you can bet your ass I will stop and check on him. We may not be brothers, but I respect the two-wheels. Keep the shiny side up!











58 views

NORTHEAST PA ROAD DAWGS

100% LAW ENFORCEMENT

© 2020 Road Dawgs Motorcycle Club of the United States, Inc. All rights reserved.